Back to Help/FAQs
|Receiving My Order FAQs
|Damaged or Defective Shipments or Products
||Damaged or Defective Shipments or Products
Open and fully inspect your order immediately:
shoppers who often order online find it a best practice to open their
boxes before the courier leaves, when possible to do so. While this is
not always an option, particularly for packages left on a step or with a
neighbor, adopting a rule of early inspection is a first line of
deference against the rare but unexpected challenges associated with
shipping products across the country.
When damage, defects or missing parts do occur, we want to deal with it promptly.
Inspect your package thoroughly.
you accept a package that appears damaged, mark on the bill of lading,
before the courier departs, that the packaging shows signs of damage.
Frata.com customers have 72 hours to report damage, missing parts or concealed defects.
inspection is particularly important upon receiving larger items (such
as furniture, plumbing supplies, a large sink or chandelier) from a
freight company (LTL), White Glove or common freight carrier. In this
instance, it is important to note any damage on the bill of lading or
receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only
Larger items, the customer does have the right to refuse delivery if
the shipment appears damaged. should the customer feel that the damage
appears only to the packaging, the shipment may be accepted, but the
bill of lading must be marked with information referring to the visible
damage prior to signing. Customers who sign for delivery and do not notate "damage" assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged.
Frata.com will replace or repair properly reported damaged or defective items
once notified accordingly. Should the customer require a return of the
item instead of replacement or repair, such a return will be handled as a
standard return with applicable restocking fees charged against the
applicable refund as laid out here.
items originally reported as damaged or defective that are found not to
be damaged or defective upon return will not be eligible for a full
refund and may attract a restocking fee of 50% of the product price.
Such restocking fees will not be eligible for a restocking fee rebate.
|I received the wrong item.
If you received a shipment from us and it wasn't the item that you ordered, we need to fix that right away.
- Have your order number, last name and the codes or description of the item or items that were not received. If there are any codes or descriptions apparent on the item(s) that you did receive, we will need to have those as well.
- To contact us open a window here: Contact Us:
- Let us know your order number, name and the item or items that were missing and anything that may have been sent in it's place.
We will follow up with you within 1 business day to correct this error.
|Receiving my Order WHAT to KNOW
||RECEIVING YOUR ORDER:
is the customers responsibility to be available or make necessary arrangements for the delivery of their order. Fratta.com is not responsible for orders that are undeliverable from a
failure on the part of the customer to return calls to the freight
company or to agree to make necessary arrangements (typically required
for larger orders) to receive the products being shipped.
other arrangements are made and paid for by the customer, freight is
charged on a "Curbside Delivery" basis. Additional services for detailed
"inside" or "around the back" deliveries will be made at an additional
cost to the customer.
Once your order has arrived, immediately inspect the package(s) for potential damage
that may have occurred during shipping. Carefully inspect the packaging
and the contents of the package. It is normal for the box to show some
wear; however, if additional damage has occurred:
- Accept the package, but make a note of the damage on the shipping receipt, sign and date it. The delivery person should also sign the slip and leave a copy for your records. Contact Customer Service immediately to report the damage. Please have your order number available when you call.
- If there is
extensive damage to the carton, refuse the order and contact Customer
Service immediately so we may make arrangements for the replacement of
your order. Please have your order number available when you contact us.
you have accepted the order and have later discovered that there was
damage to the products inside, please contact us with item codes and
quantities of the items damaged. You may be required to package these
items up for return; however, digital photos will often assist in
determining if this is necessary or not.
have 10 (TEN) days to unpack their order to assure that all of the
pieces expected within the order have been included and are correct and
without internal damage. We are not able to assume responsibility for
items reported missing, incorrect or damaged after this date.
|What is your return policy?
Unless otherwise specified in the product details of the item purchased, products from your order may be returned without reason when reported within 10 days of receiving your order. Upon receipt and satisfactory inspection of your products, you will be refunded for the full cost of the product, though some products may contain as much as a 25% restocking fee and all actual shipping costs are non-refundable. For items that are shipped free, our shipping and handling costs each way are deducted from your refund, but you are refunded for the full value of the item. See refund exemptions below:
All returns require a return authorization number [RMA] which may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. No order will be accepted back without the RMA attached to the shipment being returned.
Be sure and include within your RMA request:
- Your Order Number
- Your Name
- The item codes and quantity that you wish to return
We will then get back to you within 48 hours (weekdays) with an RMA number and arrangements for shipping.
We Make it Easier:
- For all lower 48 state, US destinations, delivered by courier or freight, our returns department will create the shipping paperwork for your return and forward it to you so that you may arrange with the designated carrier for pick up. We will also give you the contact information that you will need to schedule a pickup, or in the case of UPS or Fedex, you may wish to simply drop it off at a UPS or Fedex drop off location in your area.
- All orders delivered by post are the responsibility of the customer to mail back to the address included in the RMA.
- For Canadian orders, It is the responsibility of the Customer to arrange and pay for return shipping or freight, except in the case of damaged or incorrect products deliverred.
Unless otherwise Specified, returned merchandise must be in original, unmodified, salable condition. It
is the responsibility of the purchaser to inspect all packages being
received. Damaged packages should be refused for delivery so that
Profile Supply may then make suitable arrangements for the return and
replacement of the damaged products.
All return items must have original tags and packaging; and must not have been installed, used, or modified in any way. We stand behind the products we advertise, so if your order arrives damaged or defective or you need to order replacement parts, please contact us so that we can get to work on remedying this situation.
Fratta.com maintains the right to replace
damaged products once notified accordingly. Customers reporting damaged
products that would at the same time like to cancel their order, will be
subject to a full 25% restocking fee without rebate. In this case, shipping
fees are also nonrefundable. For items that are shipped free, any
shipping costs paid by Fratta.com are deducted from the refund. Any
additional fees for shipping internationally or to Hawaii or Alaska, are
non-refundable.[see "The Return Process"].
Products Not Eligible for Return:
- Custom orders, or built to order products
- Any item labeled non-returnable on the product page of the Website.
- Daily Deals, clearance items, inventory sale items, custom quotes(unless specified), special discounts, etc.
- Any item that has been modified or used in any way, assembled, installed (including clipped or cut wiring)
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Building materials such as columns, posts or caps and bases that have been orders as split for reassembly, or otherwise customized.
- Any item not having a visible Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#).
- Any item that has been altered, tailored, or used (including cookware and linens).
- Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
Quantities, Special Orders or Project Quotations: When ordering large
quantities or special orders for large projects, we suggest ordering a
sample for evaluation, some manufacturers will not allow returns on
Light bulbs, parts, shades, and opened consumables (including all
edibles, sprays, liquids, and other health and beauty products).
- Expedited shipping and charges for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and International destinations are not refundable.
|An item is missing from my shipment.
||Is an item missing from your order?
Click the "My Account / Order Status" link on the home page of our site to track your order status.
Be sure that all of the items in your order have already shipped, as some products may may be coming from different warehouses.
If the items from your order are coming from more than one warehouse, you will have separate tracking numbers and therefore should be expecting to receive separate deliveries. Be sure that your order does not still show "Partially Shipped", or if there are separate tracking numbers, be sure that all of the products for all of the tracking numbers have been received before being concerned that all of your items have not been delivered.
If all of your tracking numbers and all of your packages each show a status of "delivered", but you are still missing something from your order please Contact Us for assistance. Please remember to have your order number and a listing of the missing items ready.
|How do I return an item or order?
Returning items is easy.
Unless otherwise specified in the details of the item purchased, you can arrange return of your order or products from your order by requesting a return authorization number [RMA within 10 days of the ship date delivery. Upon receipt and satisfactory inspection of your products, you will be refunded for the full cost of the product less any applicable restocking fees, which are typically 25% or as outlined in the product information if otherwise applicable, as well as all shipping costs paid to deliver and return the item. For items that are shipped free, shipping and handling costs each way are deducted from your refund.
We cannot accept returns on some items such as custom, special order, or clearance items. Any items that are deemed as non-returnable are clearly marked within the product information and visible prior to placing your order.
To return your item or order:
*Unless otherwise Specified, returned merchandise must be in original, unmodified, salable condition. All return items must have original tags and packaging; and must not have been installed, used, or modified in any way. We stand behind the products we advertise, so if your order arrives damaged or defective or you need to order replacement parts, please contact us so that we can get to work on remedying this situation. See Products Not Eligible for Return above.
- Prepare Your Return Item: Ensure that the item or order that you want to return has its original tags and packaging; and it has not been installed, used, or modified in any way.*
- Contact Us to request your RMA: contact us with your order number and a list of the products that you would like to return We will follow up with you in less than 48 hours during the week to set up any following steps necessary, or to send you a shipping label and RMA to attach to the package or packages being returned.
- Finally: Dependent on Delivery Method:
- For all orders that have been delivered by courier or freight company, we'll contact you with the carrier information and send any paperwork required so that you may call and arrange for a suitable day to have your items picked up. You will be refunded for the order total, less any applicable restocking fees and shipping costs (each way) once the items have been returned and inspected. Refunds will be credited to you within 24 hours after the item is received and successfully inspected.
- For all orders that have been delivered by USPS Postal Service it is your responsibility to mail or courier the package within 30 days of receiving and attaching the RMA number. Packages must be sent to the address provided on the RMA or all opportunities for refund may become void. You will be refunded for the order total, less shipping costs (each way). Refunds will be credited to you within 24 hours after the item is received and inspected.
Return Shipping: Best Practices:
- Package all returns in the original box including any exterior protection provided.
- Do not write directly on the box, in order to maintain as much of it's original condition as possible.
- Be sure that the RMA number provided to you has been written on the shipping label.
- Only ship the product to the warehouse address provided within the RMA. We will not be responsibly for products sent to any address other than stated within your RMA.
- Use a carrier or courier that is able to offer a tracking number.
- You may wish to insure your package. Any damage recorded upon receiving products at the warehouse, will be the responsibility of the customer, who will then have the option should they wish of making a claim with their chosen carrier.
- Hang on to your tracking number, and for the best results, Contact Us with your original order number and corresponding tracking number so that we can monitor it's progress.
- If you do not receive details of an applicable credit within 14 days, please Contact Us or Live Chat to provide us with your order number and tracking number so that we can follow up on your shipment.
- In the event that a returned product is damaged during it's return , The customer will be informed by email that the item was received damaged. The Warehouse will hold the damaged product for up to 30 days. It is then the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct Fratta.com as to what needs to be done with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 30 days, the item will be donated or destroyed without further credit to the customer.
Once a returned item has been received and verified to have all original contents and packaging and confirmed to be free of damage, alteration or signs of installation, the applicable refund or credit process will begin.
Any refunds due will be accomplished through the same method in which the item was originally purchased or by company check. Refunds by check are typically issued within 14 business days of final approval, whereas direct credit card or PayPal credits can be accomplished more immediately.
Items returned without the proper RMA number are subject to a 35% restocking fee, Items sent to the wrong warehouse are the customers responsibility and will cause a forfeiture of any refund otherwise expected. If a credit is to be given at all in this case, it will be at the discresion of Frata.com and it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully in order to avoid any delay or unnecessary expenses.
In the event that a customer at the same time request a charge back from PayPal or from their credit card company, instead of waiting for their applicable refund, it is our experience that the reciept of a credit can take up to 90 days to fully complete. It is best to remain patient and allow the process to unfold. If a charge back has been submitted, ProfileSupply will not be able to credit the customer for a return until the third party charge back negotiation process has been completed.